Thursday, December 18, 2008

What's the most difficult part of being in a relationship with me?

You may already have an idea of what bugs your partner, so the answer might not be that much of a surprise. Asking this question requires some openess and some courage. Once you get past the discumfort of asking this question, most of the time it is worth it. This kind of question can lead to more open and thoughtful communication, and a feeling of gratitude. Who wouldn't appreciate a partner who actively tries to improve the relationship.

This question leads to a better relationship (friendship or LTR). Even if you choose not to ask this question, the fact is, there are some tings that that you do the bugs your partner. Of course, the opposite is true as well. Nevertheless, the issue is there. If you keep it buried, this tends to lead to resentment. But if you ask the question, then you will at least know what bugs them and you will have an opportunity to make some changes.

If you ask this questions with sincerity and nondefensively, this often takes the edge off the issue. The other person get ther feeling that you really want to work towards a positive change.This makes the issue easier to talk about.

The answer that you get might be something minor or someting that is more serious. Which ever way it goes, the issue will be out in the open in a more relaxed environment. This makes it easier for this to become a non-issue.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was by far one of the most offensive comments ever to be posted on my blog. No one ever said that you HAD to read it nor did I ask for your opinion since you LEFT days ago.

1. I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT PEOPLE. If they are not feeling my blog then FINE... I WILL GET OVER THAT SHIT. People are WISHY WASHY as HELL. I did not put my heart and soul into a blog for it to be completely BELITTLED by people like you. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, DONT READ IT, DON'T COMMENT, DON'T FOLLOW. Just keep it moving.

2. I DON'T SEE A WHOLE MESS OF COMMENTS ON THIS TIRED ASS PAGE. Looks like every other one I've come across. NO PERSONALITY, NO HEART, JUST FACELESS WORDS ON A TEMPLATE. So what do you have to say about BOTH of mine?

3. MY BLOG WILL NOT AND I REPEAT WILL NEVER BE ALTERED IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM TO APPEASE ANYONE. MY CLOSEST FRIENDS READ AND COMMENT AND EVEN IF THEY DON'T... IT'S MUCH NEEDED THERAPY FOR ME. DID YOU NOT READ THE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM. IT DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT TRYING TO PULL IN AN AUDIENCE.

I don't entirely understand what made such a response deserving from you because I've never made you feel anything less than a person with dignity. I treat everyone with respect.

The people that follow me, follow me because they want to, and my blog gets hits, and you never know who can relate to what they read. I, for one, get tired of hearing about everyone else's shallow ass bullshit fairy tale lives. If anything is REAL it's my shit. I am only 19 years old, but I am a DAMN good writer and I REFUSE to allow your opinions to deter me from the promise that God has given me.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT OR VISIT THE SCRIBE OF TIME OR INDUSTRIAL LOVE ANYMORE. THANK YOU.